- Partial support is available to faculty members who present a paper or poster at a professionally organized conference. The conference must be a society conference or a conference sponsored by a professional organization. Typically these organizations have an annual meeting, in addition there is membership, regisration fees, call for papers, peer review of submissions, and so forth. This award does not cover invited lectures, working groups, at hoc conferences, time-limited organizations, or informal gatherings of scholars. For those events, faculty members are encouraged to use their discretionary funds. No post awards will be given.
- A website for the meeting and evidence of the acceptance of a presentation must be included for the proposal to be considered for funding.
- Please present a detailed budget (e.g., quotes for airfare, hotel, ground transportation, registration)
- The Institute will cover 100% of the round-trip international airfare up to $750, plus 50% of the remainder (cap at $1,000).
- The Institute will grant a maximum of $1,000 to cover other expenses (lodging, ground transportation, meals).
- For hotel as well as meals and incidentals, please use 50% of the State Department rates - http://aoprals.state.gov/web920/per-diem.asp. ISLA will grant half of the daily rate.
- Total expenses (that is, travel plus other expenses) cannot exceed $2,000.00.
Apply anytime (except June 1 to July 31)
- The Institute requires a copy of your completed TravelND expense report (send copy to Stephanie Hasse, email@example.com, or a copy may be dropped off at ISLA's office, 249 O'Shaughnessy Hall.)
- A one-page summary of your activities should also be submitted to ISLA's Director, Alison Rice (please send reports to Stephanie Hasse - firstname.lastname@example.org)