Small Grants (up to $2,500) available to all Arts and Letters regular faculty
Awards are given on a competitive basis for research travel, summer student research assistance, research materials, artistic creation, and other costs of carrying out research and creative work. Both individual and collaborative projects are eligible. Whereas the Small Research and Creative Works grant cannot be used for domestic travel for conferences, it can be used for research-related domestic and international travel. International travel for presenting at conferences is covered under the ISLA International Conference Travel Grant.
Small Grants for Research and Creative Works cannot be used to cover:
- Funds to upgrade Campus Workstation Program (CWP) equipment; (the Office of Research has a yearly competition for equipment purchase and replacement: http://or.nd.edu/funding-opportunities/nd-internal-funding-programs/;
- Equipment (cameras, recorders, laptops/computers);
- Travel to domestic conferences.
- Grants do not cover salary for course buyout or summer salary for project director.
- No graduate student support is allowed as an expense.
- Apply at any time (except June 1 to July 31);
- Limited to one small grant each fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) per faculty member.