Grants of up to $20,000 to cover the costs of:
- an academic conference on campus or in one of the University’s international sites,
- a series of lectures or performances, or
- a single, significant visiting lecturer or performer.
Departments, institutes and interdisciplinary groups can bring scholars to Notre Dame for two or more days of public events including a lecture, colloquium, panel, or performance. Visiting scholars and performers must be among the leaders of their field. While all events may not result in a publication, the Institute expects that proposals will be designed with the goal of having a lasting effect beyond a series of lectures or performances. In addition to the support requested from ISLA, please list all other sources of funding. Finally, Henkels Funds are for events that have broad impact; therefore, it is important to present a plan to involve faculty, students, and, potentially, the larger community.
NEW FUNDING LEVELS FOR GLOBAL GATEWAY VENUES: Because of the additional costs of conferences in global gateway venues (Dublin, London, Rome, Tantur), Henkels Large Conference grants may include budgets up to $30,000 for those venues. Based on available resources, not all proposals will be funding at that level. In the event a proposal cannot be funded at $30,000, it will be considered for funding at the usual $20,000 level and the award will be made if the balance is obtained from other sources.
- Deadline for submission is two funding cycles in advance of proposed conference dates (cycles are 2nd Tuesday in October and February)
- Funding sources must be identified and documented by including an award letter or e-mail included in the proposal
- Must be hosted at a University facility or Global Gateway
All Large Henkels proposals require your budget is reviewed by Academic Conferences before your proposal is submitted.